Wednesday 27 February 2013

Moving Image Formats about Food- Blog 7 (Dr Oetker)

-->
Dr Oetker adverts 
(starring Catherine Steadman)

One thing I'd like to clear up before we start- yes everybody the actress within the Dr. Oetker advert is Catherine Steadman. She is the woman starred in the "Things are changing" O2 adverts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvkLxeRfpNI), 
 played character Joan, Catherine Howard's friend and maid in series four of "The Tudors TV series", 
 as well as starring in an episode 'Duke of Edinburgh Awards' of "The Inbetweeners" as character Daisy. 

The Advert-  
 The most recent advert that Catherine Steadman has done is the baking accessories for Dr. Oetker- (
The ad shows a female and male friends cooking together, but throughout the decorating stage of making cupcakes, they get a little competitive. After putting on swirly icing ontop of the fairy cakes, silver balls, and flowers to make them more attractive to eat, they offer them to friends and possibly family that they are entertaining for the day.

The Feel of the Advert- 

I love this ad, mainly because it makes you want to get actively baking within the kitchen again. It's also a wonderful way to make baking exciting, especially for kids, as the end of the ad shows a lot of young children nabbing the cupcakes off the plates. It's very tit for tat this campaign, showing that you can never make a cake or pudding look too much, too pretty, or too yummy to eat, that there is always going to be that feeling of 'my cupcakes look better than yours'.


My Personal Experience- 

Again from watching this advert, it got me wanting to try out more baking, or rather start to look into baking my own things instead of buying them in the shops. Since seeing this baking advert on TV for the last few weeks I have attempted shortbread, chocolate cupcakes with icing/frosting, chocolate rice crispy cakes, and am still waiting for cooking apples to come down in price so I can try and do apple crumble. It wasn't just me though that got me wanting to try out cake cooking, my partner actually fancied fairy cakes one night, and we just ended up making our own. 


As much as the campaign for Dr. Oetker's accessories for baking gives you ideas to try out yourself, by using the actual product, yes it is a good idea to make your cakes look nice, but I know that this variety of cooking things are expensive, and due to my financial situation, I wouldn't be able to afford a can of spray icing for like £4.19 ($6.35). Looking on the online website (http://www.oetkeronline.co.uk) they do have a lot of great things to satisfy your sweet tooth, but at a price. But to have the best, you have to spend more- that's always been the way, so until I have the money, I will be making my own icing and cake mixes, but always have Dr. Oetker's accessory collection in mind. 


Happy Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment